• festive, rhythmic introit for Palm Sunday.
• based on the well-known verse from the Gospel of Luke.
• Blessed is He is set more lyrically as contrast.
• opening music and text returns with exciting peroration to close.
• divided soprano and higher tessitura add texture and brilliance.
From the Composer:
Hosanna to the Son of David came about to prove that nothing is impossible. Him: I need something other than Gibbons or Weelkes any suggestions? Me: Write something. Him: Theres not time, have you looked at the calendar? So I wrote it for him.