• based on the tunes Christ ist erstanden and Victory,
this joyous work begins with unison statements of the opening
chorale alternating with punctuating chords that highlight each
• dynamic contrast as the second chorale, Victory, is
introduced, recommending the use of a secondary manual, and
• running eighth notes leading into chordal statements of the
chorale propel the work with energy and direction
• Dr. Lau uses tempo augmentation in the final section to give a
sense of grandeur, culminating with a final statement of the
opening choral phrase in pedal octaves beneath a sustained E
• excellent postlude for the Easter season!
Listen to Alleluias at minute 37:45
There are no reviews yet.